Pole Walking Australia presents our popular Urban Poling and Activator day course (Australian version) on-line. The course is designed for Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Exercise Physiologists, and other health professionals. It covers Nordic walking with Urban Poles as well as a comprehensive overview of the uses of Activator poles in rehabilitation settings.
This course covers:
- Research – Nordic walking and Activator poles
- Practical sessions for Nordic walking, Activator, exercise and clinical techniques
- The use of Activator poles as a gait aid
- The use of Urban poles as an exercise and wellness tool
- Using poles to enhance posture
- Low and high functioning clients
- Clinical uses and precautions for using poles in older adults, Parkinson’s disease, Stroke and ABI, spinal and orthopaedic conditions
Core topics (webinars): introduction to Urban Poling/Nordic walking, including research; introduction to Activator poles, including research; posture and poles, other conditions
Primary conditions (webinars): older adults; Parkinson’s disease; stroke/ABI; hip/knee rehabilitation; spinal injuries; cancer care
Tutorial session (live on-line) – The course comes with an optional one-on-one tutorial session (either live or via zoom).
Course cost of $229.00 is inclusive of a set of Activator poles and conversion boot tips (valued together at $169.50), up to 7 hours of webinar and video content, and tutorial session.
Presenter: Physiotherapist, Dr. Juliette Fritschi
For registration, please proceed to checkout and your link and instructions will be sent when we receive your order.